Thursday, January 29, 2009

New Baby Girl?

So do you ever have moments when you question yourself repeatedly for being so over enamoured with your pet? Yes, I said pet. I got a new PUPPY!!!! Her name is Ginger and I call her Gingi, or baby girl, princess, puddin'. I think you see my guilt here. These (except Ginger and Gingi) are all the names that I call Grace too! I don't want Grace to feel like I have replaced her as my baby girl in any way, cause as you know she is irreplaceable, she is my mini me in sooo many ways and yet she is also her G'ma's twin in others. I have to show Ginger a lot of attention right now cause she is a puppy and we were all sooooo excited to get her and she has already had her own fair share of drama (vet bill, and illness) in my house so we know she fits in, but I can't help but feel guilty. She is after all a pet. Cute as can be though and loves to follow me around everywhere. Dare I say I haven't had a private potty moment since Grace was born and just when I thought I could, I get Gingi and now the private time is over.

Don't get me wrong, my kids have not shown any amount of jealousy, in fact, it's just the opposite. They can't leave her alone. They play with her every chance they get...after homework, after dinner, after baths and everywhere in between.

I don't know how to reassure my Gracie without putting it in her head, cause I don't know if this is just coming from me and my own guilt or if she has any animosity or resentment for the New Baby Girl?

ps. I already know that our other dogs, Sally and Buzz don't care for her right now.....I think they are jealous cause she is and inside dog and they have always been outside dogs. Drama.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I say...unless Grace starts showing signs of jealousy...leave it be! If she mentions it, I'd remind her that you'd never call the dog Grace...so she's good! :)


PS my word verification is "fookerg" (am I childish for telling you to say it outloud or while holding your tongue?) :)

Beck said...

Hilarious!!! I think we all need to be more childish some days. So should I only worry when the husband starts to show signs of jealousy towards Gingi like I show towards "the truck?" LOL