Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Stepford Moment

Ok, so. Have you ever done something and then 2 or 3 days later realize that what you had done could fall under the "stepford clause?" Well, yeah, I had one of those. I recently went to a Pampered Chef party (yep, love PC and will go to everyone that I am invited to. Hint, hint.) But the afternoon before I was to go, I chipped my toenail polish. Yes. You read that correctly. A toenail. They are painted purple right now and I l.o.v.e. them.
So I went searching around my office for a purple sharpie. You know the permanent markers. Anyway, I found my assistant to have one and I was so excited and then filled in the toenail where the paint had chipped.
Ummm, anyone laughing at me here?
She (my assistant) couldn't believe what I had done. I proceeded to tell her that when you live in Stepford chipped polish is not acceptable. And then I thought about that and was like yeah, this marker worked great! And it totally did the trick.....and now I am thinking.....how shallow am I? I mean really I am worried about my toenail appearance? Do we or do we not have more serious issues to consider in this world.
It totally took a "Stepford Moment" to put my perspective back in check.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

You're so vain...I bet you think this post is about you....

You're so VAIN! I bet you think this post is about you, don't you, don't you????

Hehehe

Beck said...

LOL! Leave it to my sister!

Infarrantly Creative said...

Can I be your sister too. You and Carrie have too much fun

Beck said...

Sure, I have always wanted to have a twin! Even if it is spelled wrong, uh, I mean, different! j/k :)

Carrie said...

Oooohhh...that would fun! I always wanted a sister that had another sister.

Wait...what did I just say?